tisdag 22 september 2009

Wow, I have "gotten" myself a telescope(!)

Soon to be 50 years old/young I have finally purchased myself a telescope! I have wanted one for as long as I can remember and now and then I have borrowed a scope a few times through the years but I always had problems finding a specific objects...

But a few years ago a new type of telescopes surfaced on the market with "goto" functionality - just orient it and then tell the built-in computer to move to saturn, jupiter, etc.

There has also happened a lot when it comes to astronomical photography with inexpensive CCD cameras and image processing computer software - I have seen some amazing examples of astro photography made by amateurs with "small" telescopes.

And now it is my turn to venture out in this field :-) I have gotten myself a Meade ETX-125 telescope and I look forward to spending evenings and nights out in the forest. The "seeing" should be quite good here where I live, waaay up in the North of Sweden...

1 kommentar:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to nice photographs and observational comments.

    SvaraRadera